Sophos Anti-Virus is a tool that provides protection against all known virus types.
InterCheck technology keeps users safe by intercepting all files accessed and scanning them in real time. The Sophos Anti-Virus GUI allows users to scan files, folders and volumes on demand. Users can also use the new command-line interface to initiate scans.
Third-party developers can now incorporate Sophos Anti-Virus into their products using SAV Interface for Mac OS X.
Here are some key features of "Sophos Anti-Virus":
· Centralized management and updating
· Enterprise Console enables you to install, configure and manage Sophos Anti-Virus network-wide from a central point
· EM Library automatically downloads Sophos Anti-Virus software and virus detection files, and deploys the latest protection across the network
· Award-winning virus protection
· Detection and disinfection of viruses, Trojans, worms and malicious spyware in real time, at every potential point of infection, ensures full network protection.
· Cross-platform detection
· Integrated cross-platform virus detection enables Windows viruses to be deleted and cleaned on a Mac OS X computer.
· Enterprise Console enables key administrative tasks, such as installation, configuration, monitoring and management, to be performed across the network from a central point.
· Automatic updates
· The latest software and virus detection updates are automatically downloaded from Sophos through our updating application, EM Library, ensuring that all computers across the network, including remote laptops, are fully protected.
· Virus reporting
· Every virus incident is automatically reported to the administrator, making day-to-day management even easier.
· 30 days trial period.
What`s New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Defects fixed: (DEF61094) A scan ends prematurely if it encounters certain very large DMG files.
· The threat detection engine and threat data have been updated.